Working at Doherty Associates
Doherty Associates is one of the leading IT cloud services and support companies for London and the South East. Headquartered in Richmond and with an additional office in Kuala Lumpur, we’ve dedicated 24 years to delivering an exceptional, award-winning service to predominantly small and medium enterprises. We work with all types of organisations, from small start-ups to established household brands. We support our clients all over the world, from London headquarters to gold mines in Africa, and even cruise ships in Antarctica.
Our highly qualified and experienced engineers pride themselves on their responsiveness and accountability in delivering the best customer care and outstanding service. We keep abreast of the newest available IT software to ensure that we are right on the leading edge of technology. Moreover, we actively trial and feedback on these product developments and updates in order to provide our customers with the latest, most efficient solutions, using these developments to help our customer’s businesses reach their potential.
We are a thriving organisation with a focus on innovation and developing highly effective solutions for even the most challenging requirements. We can only achieve this if we have the right people in place. We offer an exciting and rewarding environment to work in with a great team dynamic. We make every effort to be a caring and supportive employer and provide top-class mentoring to help you achieve your full potential. If you’d like to be part of our team and believe you have the skills and experience for this role, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Our success has been recognised by our receiving of a multitude of prestigious technology awards in the last decade. This success is based on recruiting and rewarding the best business people, which in turn contributes to our growing accreditation list. Our business development team receive an excellent compensation package with fantastic long-term earning potential, and their focus is to drive revenue by winning appropriate new clients. A Business Development Manager at Doherty will look to understand the business issues which potential clients suffer and then, with the support of our professional services team, devise a permanent resolution.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes
- Professional presentation, and being comfortable in presales scenarios with potential customers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An ability to articulate the message of the business and selling our brand
- Motivation and enthusiasm for developing a strong career within the IT sector
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- A history of working within a target driven sales environment and at least 4 years experience in such an environment
- Experience in a solution selling IT company
- An understanding of a complex sales process and an ability to forecast appropriately
- A strong level of commercial awareness
- A proven track record of building a solid pipeline of new business from scratch
- Willingness to work beyond business hours when required
- A positive, energetic “can do” attitude and a desire to solve problems
- A strong sense of teamwork
- Desire to work in an environment delivering exceptional customer service