Working at Doherty Associates
Doherty Associates is one of the leading IT cloud services and support companies for London and the South East. Headquartered in Richmond and with an additional office in Kuala Lumpur, we’ve dedicated 24 years to delivering an exceptional, award-winning service to predominantly small and medium enterprises. We work with all types of organisations, from small start-ups to established household brands. We support our clients all over the world, from London headquarters to gold mines in Africa, and even cruise ships in Antarctica.
Our highly qualified and experienced engineers pride themselves on their responsiveness and accountability in delivering the best customer care and outstanding service. We keep abreast of the newest available IT software to ensure that we are right on the leading edge of technology. Moreover, we actively trial and feedback on these product developments and updates in order to provide our customers with the latest, most efficient solutions, using these developments to help our customer’s businesses reach their potential.
We are a thriving organisation with a focus on innovation and developing highly effective solutions for even the most challenging requirements. We can only achieve this if we have the right people in place. We offer an exciting and rewarding environment to work in with a great team dynamic. We make every effort to be a caring and supportive employer and provide top-class mentoring to help you achieve your full potential. If you’d like to be part of our team and believe you have the skills and experience for this role, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
If you’re passionate about communications, highly organised – to the point where you can run multiple projects simultaneously – and driven for results, then we want you to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and co-ordinating our communications plan with agreed targets, helping to create and drive new business opportunities. You will work very closely with the marketing lead and our content manager to communicate our proposition to customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing a communications plan that fits into the existing marketing plan with agreed targets for new business leads and customer retention
- Creating customer campaigns that bring together our various communication assets in a programmatic way
- Creating and managing the customer campaign calendar
- Attracting new customers through campaign activity, and then nurturing these customers through their journey
- Ensuring that new customers are kept abreast of updates to the technology to help them consume it as best as possible
- Project managing monthly events – invitations to relevant parties, co-ordination of logistics, and follow up activities
- Understand our customer segmentation processes
- Manage the distribution of our monthly newsletter
- Track the leads in our sales funnel, and ensure that each prospective customer is receiving the right information at the right time
- Create an internal communications plan on our SharePoint site to communicate to the rest of the business our strategy for the near future
- Work alongside the rest of the marketing team to understand our customer needs, and how we can work to overcome them
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes
- Excellent verbal communication skills; comfortable both on the telephone and in person with potential customers
- An ability to articulate the message of the business and selling our brand
- Motivation and enthusiasm for developing a strong career within the IT sector
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- A desire to work within a target driven sales environment
- An understanding of a complex sales process and an ability to forecast appropriately
- A strong level of commercial awareness
- A strong understanding of the sales cycle and your role in nurturing prospective customers
- A strong sense of teamwork
- Desire to work in an environment delivering exceptional customer service
Candidates are likely to have experience in marketing, marketing agencies, communications, sales assistance, events management or project management. The position is being offered with a negotiable salary dependent on experience. The position also comes with an OTE package, which will result in commission being earned exponentially dependent on the success of your work.